Message from The Leadership
We have a lot of activities and events on the calendar for 2020. While some of those things can be kept on the calendar as planned, others may need to be cancelled or rescheduled as the government directs due to COVID-19 . We appreciate your continued patience and will do our best to keep you as up to date and informed as possible. Here are some updates on calendar events for the remainder of 2020, and please keep in mind these are tentative. As we have already learned this year, circumstances may change that may require us to revisit our plans.
Still on schedule as planned.
* Chicken BBQ Sept 19th The Bean Boys still plan on being here
* Anual comunity Give-Away August 12th
* Revival October 4th – 7th Dick Chambers still plans on being here
* Concert with Melton family singers December 6th
* Summer Softball League
Returning beginning June 7th
* Sunday School
* Sunday evening services
After June 7th
*We will continue to follow the situation with COVID-19 and bring back whatever we can as soon as we feel it is safe and that we can abide within what is approved by our governing authorities.
For the future
* Our Facebook live broadcasts have been successful in evangelism and in giving access to our Sunday morning services and Wednesday evening Bible study to those who cannot physically be here or are not yet comfortable in returning because of COVID-19.
* We continue to understand and support anyone’s decision to not attend in person due to health concerns. In those cases, we encourage you to stay at home and participate by watching on Facebook on Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings. However, if you are available and have the ability to be here, the expectation is for you to attend in-person. We don’t want anyone to miss the opportunity to be encouraged by the fellowship of other believers or being an encourager to others. Your presence makes a difference to you and to others.
* After much prayerful consideration and discussion, we are committed to continuing and improving the broadcasts moving forward. Again, we cannot emphasize enough the importance of not forsaking the assembly once you are able to attend in-person and do not want these broadcasts to become a substitute for in-person attendance. For those who cannot be here and for those we want to reach with the Gospel, we are enhancing our audio and video equipment to improve the quality of what we are already doing and give us ability to do some things we currently cannot do.
* The parking lot expansion is complete and was done to ensure ample parking as we continue to grow. Please note that this expansion may result in changing the layout of the parking lot. We will keep you informed when and if changes are made.
* We are making plans on expanding seating capacity for morning worship. This will allow for additional seating as we continue to grow. And as an added benefit, will help us maintain social distancing in the short term.
* The downstairs classrooms have been remodeled to maximize space and provide a larger classroom for the children.
We don't want to lose sight of our vision. 2020 may not turn out to be the kind of year we expected it to be, but our goal has not changed. We still have a 2020 vision for the Victory Church of Christ. Knowing, Growing and Sowing – All our efforts still need to be focused on Knowing, Growing and Sowing.