Message from The Leadership
During the initial stages of the Coronavirus/COVID-19 outbreak and the governing authorities subsequent orders and guidelines to control the spread of the virus, we stopped meeting corporately after March 15th.
As things progress and these orders and guidelines have relaxed in some cases, the leadership of Victory has put together an ongoing, progressive plan to responsibly resume meeting in person. We were able to resume meeting in-person on Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings beginning the week of May 3rd with some minor modifications to our normal services.
The leadership would like to commend you all for your positive response, understanding, and cooperation through these times of difficulty and change. Because of this, we were able to quickly do away with some of the early modifications we put in place because you proved they were not necessary to ensure the authorities recommendations and restrictions would be kept. For that we want to say THANK YOU!!
The leadership is continuing to meet and discuss what to do next. Knowing how you have responded so far makes it much easier for us to make decisions regarding future plans moving forward.
We have a lot of activities and events on the calendar for 2020. While some of those things can be kept on the calendar as planned, others may need to be canceled or rescheduled. We appreciate your continued patience and will do our best to keep you as up to date and informed as possible. Here are some updates on calendar events for the remainder of 2020, and please keep in mind these are tentative. As we have already learned this year, circumstances may change that may require us to revisit our plans.
Still on schedule as planned.
* Chicken BBQ Sept 19th The Bean Boys still plan on being here
* Revival October 4th – 7th Dick Chambers still plans on being here
* Concert with Melton family singers December 6th
* Annual Church giveaway
* Summer Softball League
Returning beginning June 7th
* Sunday School
* Sunday evening services
After June 7th
*We will continue to follow the situation with COVID-19 and bring back whatever we can as soon as we feel it is safe and that we can abide within what is approved by our governing authorities.
For the future
* Our Facebook live broadcasts have been successful in evangelism and in giving access to our Sunday morning services and Wednesday evening Bible study to those who cannot physically be here or are not yet comfortable in returning because of COVID-19.
* We understand and support anyone’s decision to not attend in person due to health concerns. In those cases, we encourage you to stay at home and participate by watching on Facebook on Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings. However, if you are available and have the ability to be here, the expectation is for you to attend in-person. We don’t want anyone to miss the opportunity to be encouraged by the fellowship of other believers or being an encourager to others. Your presence makes a difference to you and to others.
* After much prayerful consideration and discussion, we are committed to continuing and improving the broadcasts moving forward. Again, we cannot emphasize enough the importance of not forsaking the assembly once you are able to attend in-person and do not want these broadcasts to become a substitute for in-person attendance. For those who cannot be here and for those we want to reach with the Gospel, we are enhancing our audio and video equipment to improve the quality of what we are already doing and give us ability to do some things we currently cannot do.
* We are finalizing expansion of the parking lot to ensure ample parking as we continue to grow. Please note that this expansion may result in changing the layout of the parking lot. We will keep you informed when and if changes are made.
* We are making plans on expanding seating capacity for morning worship. This will allow for additional seating as we continue to grow. And as an added benefit, will help us maintain social distancing in the short term.
* We have plans on making changes to the classrooms downstairs to increase the size of the classroom for our children.
We don't want to lose sight of our vision. 2020 may not turn out to be the kind of year we expected it to be, but our goal has not changed. We still have a 2020 vision for the Victory Church of Christ. Knowing, Growing and Sowing – All our efforts still need to be focused on Knowing, Growing and Sowing.